- also in official postal use).
* * *nouna state in New England; one of the original 13 colonies• Instance Hypernyms: ↑American state• Part Holonyms:↑United States, ↑United States of America, ↑America, ↑the States, ↑US, ↑U.S., ↑USA, ↑U.S.A., ↑New England• Part Meronyms:↑Dartmouth College, ↑Dartmouth, ↑Concord, ↑capital of New Hampshire, ↑Manchester, ↑Portsmouth, ↑Merrimack, ↑Merrimack River
* * *abbreviation1. never hinged2. nonhygroscopic
* * *New Hampshire (approved esp. for use with zip code).
* * *abbrevNew Hampshire (US state)
* * *NH (no periods),New Hampshire (with postal Zip Code).N.H.,New Hampshire.
* * *abbr. New Hampshire (in official postal use)
* * *abbrNew Hampshire
Useful english dictionary. 2012.